Wheaton Grand Theather
123 North Hale Street, Wheaton, Illinois

Opened as the Grand in 1925, the Wheaton's single-level auditorium originally held 1,000 seats. It was renamed the Paramount in the 1930s and later became simply the Wheaton. The auditorium was twinned then quadded in the 1980s, reducing its total seating capacity by about 200. In 2003, a wall was removed to combine the two auditoriums closest to the stage to one. As of 2006, the front wall of the left rear auditorium has also been removed, leaving one large L-shaped auditorium with the original decor exposed, and a single remaining "modern " auditorium. After a few years of hosting family-oriented films, local bands, and other live shows, the theater was closed for renovation under the guidance of Ray Shepardson's Market Value Productions on April 1, 2006. When completed, the Wheaton Grand will once again have a 1,000-seat single auditorium.

Exterior & Ticket Booth
Main Auditorium
Stage and Proscenium
Looking toward auditorium
from the stage
Theater 2

All photos taken August 20, 2006

Official Site

Wheaton Grand Theater on Cinema Treasures

Return to Theaters