BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baseball buses/rapid transit (then and now)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the last two days when the Mets won . . . the Yankees lost.

Proving what I said about how when one team is doing well, the other isn't. Not unlike with a seesaw.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:

Proving what I said about how when one team is doing well, the other isn't. Not unlike with a seesaw.

W.B.:

You are right on the ball, here (pun intended!); when one teams is tearing up the field, the other is floundering in quicksand.

Go figure!

It was still QUITE reassuring last night that not only did the Met finally WIN, but also, they had a decent lead on the Nationals (it was also VERY good NOT to hear the usual: ".....the Mets are trailing.....")

Rooting for the Mets for some while now, I've noticed that, with the Amazins, there is no "in-between"; they are either steam-rollering ahead, or being soundly trounced.

Let's hope that, the next game will be another victory for the Amazins..... Very Happy

"NYO"
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
Rooting for the Mets for some while now, I've noticed that, with the Amazins, there is no "in-between"; they are either steam-rollering ahead, or being soundly trounced.

There's also no "in-between" with the Yankees either, and for the same reasons. In both I am reminded by the epitaph on Ernie Kovacs' tombstone: "Nothing in Moderation."
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:

There's also no "in-between" with the Yankees either, and for the same reasons. In both I am reminded by the epitaph on Ernie Kovacs' tombstone: "Nothing in Moderation."

W.B.:

Again, you make a good point.

Though I'm a native "Joisey Boy" (for 64 years!) I'd worked in the city for nearly 25 years, and still, all these years later, consider myself an "honorary Noo Yawker" Wink

I'm the kind of guy, that, when one NY team loses, while another wins, I say to myself, "Well, at least ONE of the NY teams won!" Very Happy

Yup,the late Ernie Kovacs was right on the mark, for sure..... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....well, the proverbial baseball "seesaw" is tipping back and forth again; the red-hot Yankees lost and the floundering Mets won, not only YESTERDAY, but TODAY* as well!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"GO METS"!!!!! Wink Wink

(Your's Truly actually thought he was not hearing right, when he heard The Amazins WON today as well!) Shocked Shocked

The Yankees, I am sure, true to form, will "heat up" again quickly! Wink

*THE AMAZINS JUST WON TWO GAMES OF A DOUBLE HEADER!!!!!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

TALK ABOUT A TURN AROUND!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

"GO METS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...........as of yesterday (Thursday) the Amazin' Mets have won FIVE games in a row!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FINALLY, the Amazins are "back in the swing" again!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....as of last night (Friday), the Mets have won SIX (SIX, count 'em, SIX!) games in a row!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What a tremendous difference from the previous week.....(!!)Shocked Shocked Shocked

"GO METS"! Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....the Amazins are FINALLY hitting their stride again; they just won the first game of a double header....this makes SEVEN games in a row under their belt! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Team mascot "Mr. Met" NOW indeed has good reason to smile! Very Happy Very Happy

"GO METS"!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

"NYO"

Sunday, 9/5:

Though the Mets lost game #2 of the double-header yesterday, today, they came right back swingin' and the Amazins swept the Nationals 13/6.....several games in a row under their belt, one loss, and now, back to winning! Very Happy

"GO METS"! Very Happy

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a classic lineup of buses at the old Yankee Stadium, snapped in the late 1950's; the 1955 date given here for the picture is incorrect, however.

On the right, note the late 1950's Chrysler product sporting tailfins; models like this did not appear until the 1956 models.

Regardless, this is a VERY nostalgic lineup of vintage "Noo Yawk" buses...... Wink

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?157008

(courtesy: nycsubway.org)
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:

W.B.:

The "seesaw" you mentioned is coming to my mind as of late; the Yankees have been in a pretty steady losing streak as of late, while the Mets have really made a pretty decent comeback from their extended losing streak, winning multiple games since last week, with only one or two loses.

Yep, that "seesaw" has been indeed tipping back and forth quite a bit..... Rolling Eyes

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Amazin' Mets just clinched the 2021 Subway Series, with a 7/6 win over the Yankees at Citi Field (sure wish Shea was still in use!); there was one loss Saturday night, and, one night earlier, there a clobbering 10/3 victory on Friday for the Amazins (must have been a lot of VERY happy Mets fans going home on the IRT #7 line trains, after the "wrap-up" game!)

"GO METS"!!!!!!!!!

(I LOVE a good comeback!!) Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we go again......after the Amazins; clinched the Subway Series last Sunday, they have lost EVERY GAME this past week (the Bombers have done only slightly better)

Again, I would blame both players and management; just when you think the Mets are FINALLY snapping their losing streak, they once again TANK! Sad

It certainly takes a LOT of RESILIENCE to be a Mets fan....trust me, Your's Truly knows this ALL too well. Sad

Well, maybe next season will be a much better one for the Amazins.......here's hoping..... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY.....the Amazin' Mets truly did something AMAZIN'....they actually WON their FIRST game in a WEEK, last night!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Yankees got clobbered Sunday(!!); NOW....let's see if the Mets can win the NEXT game..... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....at least, last evening, our good pal "Mr. Met" REALLY had GOOD reason to smile!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

......on September 24, 1969, Mets fans have had QUITE a bit to cheer about; the Amazins clinched the Eastern Division title at Shea (there sure were a lot of HAPPY fans jamming the #7 IRT trains that day!) Very Happy

As I type these word's, the Mets are (again) floundering; they've lost several games in a row, now; the Bronx Bombers, on the other hand, have really snapped back from their recent slump.

Bad enough to lose several game, but getting CLOBBERED is something else, altogether....oh, well.....maybe next season will be a brighter one for Mets fans.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 4 of 51

Jump to: