BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MaBSTOA T6H-5309A (and El replacement buses)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
WB: Appreciate this info: this Your's Truly already knew about (thanks to experst such as yourself); what I was referring was the QUITE tiny "stoa" lettering just behind the front door (here Your's Truly is referring to what the buses carried in the later years-using the RTS "Torpedo" to allude to what I had been thinking of)-------personally-I think that when the last of the "OA" badges disappeared-as well as the styish script crowning the windows-the original "stoa" era ended-----------"NYO"

It was sometime in the mid-to-late '80's, then, if that's what you're asking - by later in the decade I saw some repainted "Torpedos" that had been on the streets since the early '80's, once mentioned " 'stoa" near the front door, now mentioned "Tee-Yay" in that same small print. Of course, everything of that ilk disappeared once the "angled MTA in a circle" logo premiered in 1993-94, replacing the 'M'.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WB: Thanks----this is what I was curious about; that was indeed when the last "separate identity" for "stoa" disappeared-------"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think of the early days of "stoa"----here we had a new operator on the "Noo Yawk" transit scene-----an operation that indeed inherited a huge and colorful "heritage fleet" (recall only a handful of ex-FACL/ST "Jetson" Fishbowls were included in this huge "inheritance")-----------think also of how elderly the square-window Old Looks were by that date-along with the ex-SURFACE "Pattons" (strange-SURFACE did not roster any of the larger C-49/C-50 types)----------"NYO"
MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surface operated approximately forty-seven C-49-DT. And of course the 25 C-50-DT they inherited from Fifth Avenue Coach.
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBSTOA 15 wrote:
Surface operated approximately forty-seven C-49-DT. And of course the 25 C-50-DT they inherited from Fifth Avenue Coach.

Yep. And those C-49-DT's were what were put to pasture once the 1967 order of A/C batwing Fishbowl "Bullets" came to " 'stoa" depots in both boroughs they served.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellows: As I had not seen pictures (to date) of SURFACE C-49/50s-I had thought that they only rostered the C-45/C-47 types (photos of these two types abound); the photos Your's Truly has seen of the bigger "Pattons" were those rostered by the "Bee-oh-Tee"/"Tee-Yay"/FACCo; thanks again for this info-------"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70

Jump to: