BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GREYHOUND (Chicago-New Orleans, 1976)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: GREYHOUND (Chicago-New Orleans, 1976) Reply with quote

All:
In a 1976 episode of "GOOD TIMES", Grandpa Henry is coming up for Thanksgiving from New Orleans, taking the bus (obviously GREYHOUND) to visit the Evans family in Chicago.

I am curious as to whether this would have been a "through run" (one bus from New Orleans to Chicago), or, would this trip required a change of buses, en route?

Also, how many buses did GREYHOUND run from Chicago to New Orleans, back in the mid-70's?

Appreciate any info......thanks in advance!

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on a long cruise currently, so I can't refer to my old timetables. If my memory serves me correctly, during that time, Greyhound ran three or four thru buses between Chicago and New Orleans. And Continental Trailways also had service, although not thru...they would have required a change or two....
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:
I am on a long cruise currently, so I can't refer to my old timetables. If my memory serves me correctly, during that time, Greyhound ran three or four thru buses between Chicago and New Orleans. And Continental Trailways also had service, although not thru...they would have required a change or two....

traildriver:

May I wish you "BON VOYAGE" just a tad late?? Wink

Sure hope you are having a great time! ( BTW: what ship are you on? I'm sure it makes the SS UNITED STATES look like a bathtub toy......those new cruise ships are HUGE!!!) Shocked Shocked

When you return home, maybe then you could consult your old TT; in the meantime, "ANCHORS AWEIGH!" Very Happy

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
traildriver wrote:

traildriver:

May I wish you "BON VOYAGE" just a tad late?? Wink

Sure hope you are having a great time! ( BTW: what ship are you on? I'm sure it makes the SS UNITED STATES look like a bathtub toy......those new cruise ships are HUGE!!!) Shocked Shocked

When you return home, maybe then you could consult your old TT; in the meantime, "ANCHORS AWEIGH!" Very Happy

"NYO"

Thanks...
I am aboard the Oceania Insignia, on a 180 day full world cruise. The Insignia was formerly Renaissance Cruises "R-One", and is only 30,000 gross tons...a small ship by modern standards, but perfect for this port-intensive itinerary. Cool
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

180 DAY CRUISE?????!!!???!!!???? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Man, even NOAH wasn't "on board" for THAT long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

All kidding aside, have a GREAT time.....smooth seas, bright sun, blue skies, great food....and....perhaps a tour of the engine room?? Wink

"NYO"

PS: We'll discuss "The Hound" upon your return! Very Happy

PS (again): Be sure to take some BUS (and SHIP) pictures to share! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: