BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bradley Field (Flxible) Airporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Jones

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Bradley Field (Flxible) Airporter Reply with quote

Folks...

I have been trying to locate an image, preferably color, of the circa 50's/60's (I believe) Flxible Clippers that used to service the, then, Hartford-Springfield Bradley Field. Now Bradley International.

As I recall these units were close to an (army) Olive green. I'm not certain, but I feel that a lighter green around the passenger windows. There also may have been a light green stripe up the back from the bumper to the air intake on the roof.

Myself and another are creating a "NHRR... New Haven-Springfield" route for the Railworks Train Simulator. These Airporters use to run to and from Hartford, Springfield and Bradley Field daily during the era mentioned. Beyond that I can't say as my family moved out of the region.

Below is a link to a pic of the bus model. We need to 'dumb it down' abit for it to work in the simulator... but one has to start somewhere right.

Any info, pictures or confirmation of my memory would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx so much,
Bob

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=acb0818308&view=att&th=13ea34c1bb50d5b0&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_13ea34a89374e7f8&zw&atsh=1

VNHRR Blog: http://vnhrr.blogspot.com/p/about.html
mackbuses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bradley Field (Flxible) Airporter Reply with quote

Bob,
I have a very good color picture of one, but don't know how to post it on this board My e-mail address is mackbuses@yahoo.com if you drop me a line I can send it to you.

Dave

Bob Jones wrote:
Fol

I have been trying to locate an image, preferably color, of the circa 50's/60's (I believe) Flxible Clippers that used to service the, then, Hartford-Springfield Bradley Field. Now Bradley International.

As I recall these units were close to an (army) Olive green. I'm not certain, but I feel that a lighter green around the passenger windows. There also may have been a light green stripe up the back from the bumper to the air intake on the roof.

Myself and another are creating a "NHRR... New Haven-Springfield" route for the Railworks Train Simulator. These Airporters use to run to and from Hartford, Springfield and Bradley Field daily during the era mentioned. Beyond that I can't say as my family moved out of the region.

Below is a link to a pic of the bus model. We need to 'dumb it down' abit for it to work in the simulator... but one has to start somewhere right.

Any info, pictures or confirmation of my memory would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx so much,
Bob

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=acb0818308&view=att&th=13ea34c1bb50d5b0&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_13ea34a89374e7f8&zw&atsh=1

VNHRR Blog: http://vnhrr.blogspot.com/p/about.html
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Carey Transportation, a premiere Airport transfer service in the New York Metropolitan area, had a fleet of nearly 100 Flxible Clippers through the 1950's and, from what your describing, it sounds very much like Carey livery.

Extending to Connecticut would not have been unusual for a company that was growing as rapidly as Carey was at the time.

Conversely, Carey began buying the GM PD 4104's when they came upon the scene in the mid fifties which began a retirement of the company's earliest Clippers and a few may have wound up in Connecticut.

Whatever; I have included a photo of fleet #306 - a later model Carey Flx.

Photo courtesy of IMCDb

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

roymanning2000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

There is a color photo of an Airfield Service Flxible Starliner at the NorCalBusFans website.

Here is a link: http://tinyurl.com/m7yaohn

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Roy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: