BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I agree sir..it's cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: I agree sir..it's cold Reply with quote

While I love some of the old buses, mostly transit type buses, I don't much care for the older MCIs' MC-7,8,9 Crusaders and such. While Shortline insists on running buses that are 15 years old and over one million miles on just about all of them, they have well surpases their usable lives.

The heat takes hours and hours to build and in this weather, that is not acceptable. Anyhow..that is my preface.

My morning run takes only 40 mins to get to the Port Authority, not much time for the bus to heat up. I have a passenger who loves to pass comments almost on a daily basis which I love to ignore! Smile Anyhow..he says to me..."IT'S FREEZING BACK THERE....YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PICK 'EM!!" This is why I explain nothing to a passenger. Passengers think I pick whatever the hell bus I want in the morning Laughing Rolling Eyes .

Gotta just shake your head.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Nice to hear from you and Happy New Year.

If you think the heating systems on the MCI's were bad I'll tell you that I don't think they could have held a candle to GM's ThermoMatics introduced in 1946.

You don't have to be an Einstein to know that heat rises - that 'physics 101'!

So, where do you think GM engineers put the heating outlets in the ThermoMatic systems? - in duct work running above the standee windows;

Do I have to draw pictures?

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a pleasure Mr. L. I gotta tellyou I really gotta belly laugh outta that one. Hmm, did you ever try to 'splain to a passenger that one? Crying or Very sad

Upon reading my own post, now that I'm actually awake, I don't want to give anyone here the idea that Shortline runs the MC series buses. But it appears the D series heating systems were from hunger too. the A/C systems? Fuggedaboudit Crying or Very sad

Although the new 2010 and 2011 MCI D series HVAC systems are extremely efficient!

By the way, Shortline just got about one month ago 5 Hybrid Electric buses, and they look like they are ready for their first assignments. They are registered and striped. I will post pix soon.
jacklance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlineMCI wrote:

Although the new 2010 and 2011 MCI D series HVAC systems are extremely efficient!

i heard some 2010 and 2011 HVAC systems are maintained by commercial ac new jersey company
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jack And Welcome!

boy..I forgot about this post! Actually, Shortline has an A/C tech here at the garage and boy..he is good! For the most part Mon thru thurs, I drive a plain - o- run of the mill MCI D4500 Transit bus just like the NJTs you see around th PA in NY. Those AC units are so dam strong, even during the heat wave we had some weeks back I had to back down on the temp control because it was blowing so cold and strong.

Friday's I drive the MCI D 4500, more of a luxury coach with CD's, DVDs, flat screen monitors, on and on...the ACs there are as well, freezing. Also maintained by an onsite HVAC Tech.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: