BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Bidding/Some Info on Buses at Eastchester
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
1988 MCI TC40-102A wrote:
What a painful sight. How could you even be joking about that, Mark (j/p). But I'm sure 7868 will at least survive until summer. At least one Liberty bus besides 3006 (museum bus) WILL be saved.

7868 will at least survive until summer? I guess this means your bidding on it? You now know what the fate of 7868 is if NIMCO gets it!

Yes, I plan to bid on 7868. One way or another a Liberty bus besides 3006 is gonna get saved. Matter of fact I guarantee a bus will get saved. Even if it's not 7868.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransitGuy wrote:
MarkW wrote:
I hope you bid more than NIMCO. They bid HIGH!

Shocked Wow thats crazy, this sucks 5887 is going there and I wanted to preserve it but I don't have the storage for it. Also, I never got a photo of it:( Thats one crazy sight. What happened to the fishbowls?

5887 ain't goin nowhere, not for quite a bit. It's still in Eastchester. With 5882 and 5885. Representing the ex-GBL Classics. Plus actually Mike Carrigy said that the MTA is making another bid package and that a potential bidder may have around a year to get some $$$ and bid on a bus they're selling. I have a feeling 7868 was in the back of Eastchester when I saw it there because it's on hold for the next bid package. Because when I went to Eastchester again, but the other time back in February, 7868 was more in the front of the depot (closer to Conner Street). Pretty sure about that one. Now it's in the back, so it's likely back there for the next bid package. Now 5882, 5885, 5887 are in the middle but they're actually in the main facility, not the storage one. However I still wouldn't give up on the GBLs just yet. Try saving the money, you never know how long they could be sticking around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="1988 MCI TC40-102A"]
TransitGuy wrote:
MarkW wrote:

Shocked Wow thats crazy, this sucks 5887 is going there and I wanted to preserve it but I don't have the storage for it. Also, I never got a photo of it:( Thats one crazy sight. What happened to the fishbowls?

5887 ain't goin nowhere, not for quite a bit. It's still in Eastchester. With 5882 and 5885. Representing the ex-GBL Classics. Plus actually Mike Carrigy said that the MTA is making another bid package and that a potential bidder may have around a year to get some $$$ and bid on a bus they're selling. I have a feeling 7868 was in the back of Eastchester when I saw it there because it's on hold for the next bid package. Because when I went to Eastchester again, but the other time back in February, 7868 was more in the front of the depot (closer to Conner Street). Pretty sure about that one. Now it's in the back, so it's likely back there for the next bid package. Now 5882, 5885, 5887 are in the middle but they're actually in the main facility, not the storage one. However I still wouldn't give up on the GBLs just yet. Try saving the money, you never know how long they could be sticking around.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Do you know when the next bid package will come in? Also, where can I store a bus like this?
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkW wrote:
A few fishbowls were scrapped. Most are there. They have sat too long. They will be gone soon. At least we have 1481 and 1502.

How high does NIMCO normally bid in the auctions and how much do they charge per bus when they own it? Thanks
MarkW

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIMCO ususally bids between 3 and 4 thousand per bus plus tire value. Tire value is anywhere from 50 dollars up to around 2 thousand.

The new bid package is out already. Came out 2 weeks ago. If you don't have it, you missed it.
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TransitGuy"]
TransitGuy wrote:
MarkW wrote:

Thanks for the encouraging words. Do you know when the next bid package will come in? Also, where can I store a bus like this?

Well Mike said an upwards of a year for the next bid package. And for the storage well I'm still only 15 so I have time to get my adult life in order before becoming an adult Wink, so what I want to do is get a house when I'm older and I'll have the garage built (or rebuilt if it's already there) to specifications large enough to fit a bus, with some extra room if I need to go in the garage and do some work on it in there.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkW wrote:
NIMCO ususally bids between 3 and 4 thousand per bus.

Sad Wow, thats a lot. Do they bid on every single bus in the auction? Also, does anyone want to join in on a venture to save 5887 Very Happy (nobody has to answer that question).
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's every single bus. But it's weird because if they did then I don't get why the MTA would make another bid package considering how it seems like NIMCO should take care of all of them in one fell swoop considering how much they bid per bus.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="1988 MCI TC40-102A"]
TransitGuy wrote:
TransitGuy wrote:
MarkW wrote:

Well Mike said an upwards of a year for the next bid package. And for the storage well I'm still only 15 so I have time to get my adult life in order before becoming an adult Wink, so what I want to do is get a house when I'm older and I'll have the garage built (or rebuilt if it's already there) to specifications large enough to fit a bus, with some extra room if I need to go in the garage and do some work on it in there.

Well I'm 16 I would like to do the same with the exception of a a garage. I don't know if there are any properties in my area to have a garage like that. Besides it will take me more than a year to become a homeowner Smile
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TransitGuy"]
TransitGuy wrote:
TransitGuy wrote:
MarkW wrote:

Well I'm 16 I would like to do the same with the exception of a a garage. I don't know if there are any properties in my area to have a garage like that. Besides it will take me more than a year to become a homeowner Smile

To store the bus you can find a storage space somewhere and you'll have to pay a fee each month or year.
MarkW

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike was wrong. The package is out NOW. I will try to get a list of buses on the current auction posted later.
1988 MCI TC40-102A

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.
MarkW

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that the next bid package will be in about a year since its already out. This is the second auction of this year. The last auction ended about 10 weeks ago. When the MTA runs short on storage space they will make another bid package. I'm sure the next bid package will be when THE MTA SAYS SO!!

As far as a garage-- 50 feet long by 12 feet wide by 15 feet high, I wish you luck to get the building department / town to approve plans for a garage that big.

Last edited by GBL Rebel on Thu May 31, 2007 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkW wrote:
Mike was wrong. The package is out NOW. I will try to get a list of buses on the current auction posted later.

Uggh so much for saving. Thank you very much Mark for letting us know and thanks for the answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: