BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'THE RESCUE OF 7610'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: 'THE RESCUE OF 7610' Reply with quote

It was a snowy January 26th. 2010 when MTA Bus # 7610 found itself in need of help at the corner of Ocean Avenue and Kings Highway in Brooklyn.

Whether it was just stuck in a drift or suffered some mechanical difficulty is unclear but it sure required a wrecker and a mighty big one is seen answering the call.

This is one huge rig but no less than would be expected as a 'Granite' Model coming from Mack!

We used to call Green Line's wrecker 'Big Moe' but up against this baby it was a glorified pick-up truck!

I think the third rear axle gives us the impression that it really means business!

Photo thanks to the collection of Jeff Ornstein.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

nycbusfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny I think I saw that bus sitting there that day while I was waiting for the B49 right where that shot was taken. I happen to live a few blocks away and I think I was headed to Ave. J.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis interesting. I guess that's where transit buses fall short in heavy snow like that. Transit buses turn real tight, better than the 45 ft coach buses because of the single axle.

I have no problems getting close to the curb, piled with the MCI D4500, if the drive wheels get stuck and start spinning, I get out, say a few hail Mary's LOL!! curse becuz my pants are gonna get soiled..go to the rear, raise the tag axles, and away we go. She feels a wee bit topsy driving like that, but it works. Kinda wish my car had that feature sometimes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: