BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VIN rosters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Bus Rosters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tovinman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: VIN rosters Reply with quote

Maybe its'just me, but since every NYC bus has a decal on the windshield that can be easily read from outside the bus, I truly fail to understand why it seems to be so difficult to get any kind of VIN-related roster from anyone down there.

Personally, if I were around there I'd be able to knock off a hundred or so coaches a day. Since a lot of the units are delivered in sequential groups (well, Orions notwithstanding) it wouldn't take very long at all to nail all of the D4500s

In Toronto I was able to nail all of the GO D4505s just by standing in line until I got to the door and then nailing the VIN decal while people straggled up the stairs.

In NYC you don't even have to do that - it's on the windshield decal!

So am I missing something, or does nobody record VINs down there?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VIN rosters Reply with quote

tovinman wrote:
Maybe its'just me, but since every NYC bus has a decal on the windshield that can be easily read from outside the bus, I truly fail to understand why it seems to be so difficult to get any kind of VIN-related roster from anyone down there.

Dear Tovinman:

As a New York State Resident for all my life, what you are referring to is the state registration sticker that has to be on every vehicle, including cars and trucks, on the lower left side of the windhield

Regards and Happy New Year

Hart Bus
asdfasdf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VIN rosters Reply with quote

tovinman wrote:

Unfortunately, all MTA (and other government) owned buses have "OFFICIAL" plates which do not require them to have registration stickers on them. While they do, generally, have a registration card buried behind the driver, that doesn't help anything.

Private bus companies only have "BUS" plates which have a registration sticker on the windshield.

If you stop in the stairwell you will either get crushed or be on your way to Staten Island or the Bronx.

Bob K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Bus Rosters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: