BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 DOB Roadeo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: 2009 DOB Roadeo Reply with quote

At least one other NYC-area busfan website is reporting that the 2009 DOB Roadeo is scheduled to happen on July 25th & 26th at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn.
This event (normally held in late June on most recent years past) originally had been cancelled due to the impending MTA financial meltdown a few months ago, but fortunately it appears to have been re-instated.
My understanding is that this year's event will include joint LIB, MTAB and DOB activities for the first time: clearly the DOB is well on its way to becoming a true regional bus carrier.
Given the terribly wet weather that The Big Apple has suffered this June, perhaps it was a blessing that the Roadeo did not happen this month.
TCC Senior Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information is true about the Bus Raodeo. This may turn out to be the best Roadeo ever in terms of participation because of the diferent transit agencies involved (NYCTA, MTA Bus. LIBus.) In addition to those mentioned by Q65A, Suffolk Transit is also scheduled to participate. I've spoken to someone at Suffolk Transit who confirmed that they will be there.

It also appears that TWU Local 100 will not boycott this years Bus Roadeo. They had done so in the past on behalf of members of MTA Bus Company due to a lack of a contract. That situation has changed and as of yesterday there were already 12 Bus operators including myself signed up out of LGA Depot to participate in this years event.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has information about what activities will take place on each day, that would be helpful. I haven't been able to attend one of the MTA roadeos yet, but I may have an opportunity this year.
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've attended 6 Roadeos in NYC thus far (DOB Roadeos from 2005-2008 and MTAB Roadeos in 2006-2007)and I've really enjoyed every one.
For bus enthusiasts, the Roadeos just can't be beat: historical and modern buses on static display for up-close inspection; opportunities to watch skilled B/O's putting RTS's through their paces on the obstacle course; vintage bus rides; a family atmosphere, fresh air; lots of interesting sights at Floyd Bennett Field (including an historical aircraft museum and the chance to watch the NYPD Aviation Unit drilling their choppers nearby).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: