BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'New Free Shuttle Service For Dodger Fans'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: 'New Free Shuttle Service For Dodger Fans' Reply with quote

As seen in the Los Angeles Times;

City offers free shuttle service to Dodger Stadium

July 25, 2008

"The city of Los Angeles will run a free shuttle service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium for the Dodgers' 32 remaining home games starting today.

The service will begin 90 minutes before every game and end an hour after the final pitch. The route will start in front of Union Station on Alameda Street and leave passengers outside Parking Lot G at Dodger Stadium, behind the outfield pavilions. The same route will be run in reverse after the game".

Comment; while the article doesn't mention where the buses came from, it's obvious by the photo below that they are Nova RTS's borrowed from LACMTA and repainted for the occasion (but I do stand corrected on this point).

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Cyberider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to ride the SCRTD Hollywood Bowl shuttles. They weren't "free," however. I think there was some info on the operator on one of the LA bus Yahoo groups but don't have the info handy.
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These ex-LACMTA TMC RTS buses are owned and operated by Transit Systems, which now operates the Hollywood Bowl shuttles as well.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input; I'm not as up on Los Angeles as I am New York despite the fact that I live out here most of the time.

However, I'm keeping a close watch on how the NABI's are doing - especially the 60/65 BRT's.

So far so good, but there are signs of quality issues mainly in the accordion pleated dividers between the front and rear sections (I think they're going to need a full time seamstress!).

When I was in New York some weeks ago, I noticed the artics downtown (not sure of the make although they could be Orions) and they have a solid structure between the dividers which seems to be much more substantial.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artics in New York are New Flyers. Orion does not currently make an artic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: