BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coach USA/ Shortline is on strike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Coach USA/ Shortline is on strike Reply with quote

As of midnight last night. Striking took place today at the Mahwah NJ garage. Being this is indeed a holiday weekend the negotiations will be not resume until next tuesday at the earliest.

without going into heavy details of the strike, one of the things we are looking for is compensation for 13-14 hour days that we put in.

Ken
irtredbirdr33@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Shortline Bus Strike Reply with quote

I understand that Metro-North has added two trains to the Port Jervis Lines and will increase the frequency of the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry to accomodate so of the displaced Shortline riders. Unfortunately the main impact will be felt by the Hudson Line trains which mare already near capacity duirng the rush hours.
Mr Mabstoa

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Shortline Reply with quote

I agree, some of those runs are ridiculous, like a Whispering hills to the Port the to Binghamaton, back to the Port and then back to Whispering hills.
Or Whispering Hills to the Port, then to Woodbury to the Port and then back to Whispering HIlls, thats crazy.
And then if there's traffic no OT pay just getting payed by the trip, its almost slavery.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Mabstoa....yea some of the bids are more or less like that, some of the killer runs are the long Island runs.

Check this one out...4:25 AM report time Mahwah...DH to Patchogue LI. 1.5 hour layover, make your way back west through queens village, bronx, Nanuet, Central Valley, Middletown, Chester, then stops in monticello. 20 minuet layover in MOnticello terminal.

Local from Monticello to Liberty. DH from liberty to Mahwah , NJ. Done.

Total driving time is 9.75 hours. One jam up anywhere between Patchoque and Monticello and we are in DOT violation

Shortline has about 90 different runs and some are similar to the above, and some are extremely different. Take my run for instance....7:20 from Nanuet to midtown. I do not go to the PABT at all. I finish at 8:30 AM

I do not pick up until 5 PM that evening. Yes, that's right, a 9 hour layover. I love it because I drive the sightseeing buses for 4 hours during the day.

Believe me, we work very hard for our money

Anyhow, the strike has officially ended as of Monday 6-2 @ 3:00 PM the votes have been counted up and we are ready to return to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: