BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DesignLine EcoSaver IV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: DesignLine EcoSaver IV Reply with quote

Although I have not yet seen one up close and in person, based on photos of the DesignLine EcoSaver IV hybrid, in my opinion, this bus looks significantly different than most other contemporary transit buses (even though the production model at NYCT was restyled from the demo).
Question: What do you folks think about its appearance?
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OlymBus demonstrator was a radical (and, IMO, hideous) departure from conventional transit bus styling, but the EcoSaver that was ordered doesn't look particularly different. The tapered sides are reminiscent of the RTS, and the front clip looks like it was stolen off an Opus. The rear is entirely conventional, save for the spoiler (!).
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like its appearance -- it's a welcome change from most other modern buses in North America with their angular, blocky styling.

My only problem with it is that it didn't seem to handle passenger flow quite as well as the newest Orion VII HEVs -- people seemed even more reluctant to move up into the rear section than before due to the narrow steps. Also, the rear doors seemed to have some issues, but that's probably a simple mechanical fix.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does 1304 have a Twinvision sign instead of Luminator Titan? I see a pic of it on another website. It was wierd, nevertheless.

Daniel Mitchell
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to ride 1304 on the M11 yesterday. Unlike 1302 the bus has two single seats on the right side and all 2X2 foward facing seats in the rear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: