BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'AN AVERAGE DAY AT LAX'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: 'AN AVERAGE DAY AT LAX' Reply with quote

There's an article in today's New York Times about a $1.5 Billion expansion at Los Angeles International Airport (Code LAX) despite an apparent 5% drop in flights and passengers in the past year.

They're probably on the right track because it will create a good many jobs now and things (I'm sure) will someday return to normal! - but that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned!

It was one of the several photos that accompanied the article that I thought was interesting enough to post below.

It was taken recently in front of the Tom Bradley International Arrivals Building which will be the centerpiece of the planned expansion.

The 'real' buses that we see are mostly car rental shuttles including Avis, Budget and Hertz as well as an interesting D4500 'Flyaway' service from Santa Barbara.

Now, this is just an average day at LAX - can you imagine what a holiday eve is like - I can because I've been in a couple of them!

Photo by Monica Almeida The New York Times

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

timecruncher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I visited the left coast last year for the APTA Expo in San Diego, I flew in on Delta and took the Flyaway bus down to LAUPT to board the train down to Oceanside where I was staying. I can attest to the chaos that is LAX.

Delta did its usual miserable job of customer service (Amtrak has nothing on the de-moralized Delta people), but the train ride was perfect and Oceanside is a beautiful little city on the coast.

timecruncher
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 'AN AVERAGE DAY AT LAX' Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
The 'real' buses that we see are mostly car rental shuttles including Avis, Budget and Hertz as well as an interesting D4500 'Flyaway' service from Santa Barbara.

I think you may be confusing the FlyAway service with the Santa Barbara Airbus service. FlyAway only operates to LAX from Los Angeles Union Station, Van Nuys, and Westwood.

Nevertheless, a great photo!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.O.A.,

Glad to see you on the board, and I think you are correct in that I may have confused Santa Barbara's Air Bus service with 'Flyaway'.

Thanks for the heads-up.

The rather blurry image below is the real thing!

Mr. 'L'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: