BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny and sometimes crazy stuff from passengers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..I got a real winner today.

Driver! Can you let me out at 40th and 5th? Sure..(that is a scheduled stop anyhow.) Or if you see a Starbucks.

Needless to say I just stopped the bus at 40th and just opened the damn door Wink
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Some of the Drivers I have ridden with Reply with quote

You ought to get a load of some of the drivers I have ridden with on several different carriers over the years. At Lockport Bus Lines, we had one Bud Johnston, a great driver and something of a wisecracking comedian (my kind of character), then on a Greyhound charter using two MC5s and one 4106 to take my High School class from Perry to Toronto, the first bus had one Doug James, another comedic type, but great driver who knew how to liven up a trip. The trip was basically an overnighter quickie and it was a real hoot from start to finish. Then over on Gray Coach Lines, there was this guy with a Scottish accent, good driver and something of a comedian, reminding us to "take our junk with us" as we got off the bus in Toronto from Buffalo, over at Canada Coach Lines I met a couple guys who were fun to ride with, great drivers, all, one guy, named John, when I told him that the 'fishbowl suburbans' were my favorite kidded me about that as I got on at Fort Erie for the return to Buffalo after a short train ride from Central Terminal over on the TH&B Budd cars. He had an MC5B that night. So it works both ways, too. Some of the drivers one rides with can be a real hoot and yet very professional at the same time. And I thought I was the only one who went around the bend, lol,lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to revive this topic...

Two days ago...I'm doing my PM run back to Nanuet. I see there is an access-a-ride van blocking the stop where I usually pick up and I wasn't in the mood to pull up behind the woman behind the wheel and blast the buses air horn.

So I pull up in front of the van and make sure the ass end of my bus isn't blocking 5th avenue. The passengers get on..get on...get on...tickets...tickets...until this older guy asks me..."Driver...isn't the stop usually further back? Has the stop moved?!?!?! " My mouth opened up as I didn't know how to respond to such stupidity. So..I did say...No sir the stop didnt' move..but the buses do!! Smile He either didn't hear me or ignored it..but my front seat passengers turned lobster red from laughing. I love my job Smile
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Leisure Line a Money Laundromat? Reply with quote

If the Leisure Line is a cash business, could it be a money laundromat? If so, does it have a SPIN cycle? lol,lol. Just kidding.
shortlineMCI wrote:
OK this one isn't particularly a funny one but this does take place on a weekly basis with the OTR drivers. Yes, certainly Coach USA has taken over a "few" bus companies around here, but when I load up in the morning, our tickets must say "Leisure Line" (yes, even though we are Shortline), they retained the Leisure Line name being it's a cash only business and don't really exist..

anyhow..I digress! Passengers on a weekly basis give me Rockland Coach tickets and they can't seem to understand that even though both of our buses say Coach USA, we are a different entity totally and Rockland Coach has a different accounting department and they charge differently. If our accounting department sees a Rockland coach ticket in our envelopes at the end of the day, we the drivers see a deduction in our paychecks for that one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Crazy Stuff from Passengers Reply with quote

Back in September 2006, when I was going from one convention in Scranton to a Railroad related one in Cleveland, the New York Trailways driver I was to ride from Batavia to Buffalo with to connect with the Lakefront Lines bus for Cleveland had this one lady, a nun, no less, try to check 12 pieces of luggage for her trip only to be told that she could check the first two and the rest would have to be shipped as package express. GET REAL! There is NO unlimited baggage checking priviledges on buses or any other passenger common carriers for that matter, save, maybe a steamship, but 12 pieces of luggage for ONE passenger? Good thing the driver was sharp enough to see what this nun was trying to pull. Even now New York Trailways STILL carries package express from terminal to terminal, usually the type of package that absolutely,positively has to be there sooner than either UPS or USPS, et al. could deliver it. I could imagine the time it would have tied him up just loading and unloading those 12 pieces of luggage just for that nun. Needless to say, I made my Lakefront Lines connection with some time to spare. Does our Shortline driver know of any passengers trying something just as cute?
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Jim..that was a doozy! This is one S/L driver who hasn't witnessed or heard of this happen to us. I would imagine the dispatchers would flat out refuse. How the heck did she even get all that luggage to the bus terminal anyhow?

Although probably the closest thing that happened remotely similar to this Jim..we had yes HAD a driver..he was a dumb as a rock..I mean the intelligence of a new born baby amoeba. Really. Laughing

During our busiest time which is between thanksgiving and Christmas when all the Cornell students ride between the PABT and Binghamton and Ithaca, our PA dispatchers told this lamebrain to load the luggage from the students and people waiting on line onto the under-loader of the bus that was on gate 314. There were about 90 people waiting on that line. ( Yes, we always have extra-men if the schedules double) He saw that the luggage bay doors were open on the bus that was parked on gate 313 and this was a non-lav bus too. So he takes everyone's luggage and starts loading all three bays. Now these were real suitcases..huge. Must have been about 50 or more pieces.

He totally ruined that 10 AM to Bingo..the people were yelling and cussing all up and down, I can't even begin to describe what chaos ensued.

Anyways, he actually got to be a passenger on the correct bus!! Yessiree! Right back to Mahwah! Shortline Personnel was kind enough to take care of all his paperwork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: