BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest on Capitol Trailways acquisition by Bieber Tourways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Latest on Capitol Trailways acquisition by Bieber Tourways Reply with quote

According to the latest article in Bus Ride on line, the transaction involving Carl R. Bieber Tourways acquisition of Capitol Trailways of Harrisburg has gone through. It also involves the Rohrer Charter Bus and Tour operation, which is a subsidiary of Capitol and both will be operated under the Bieber name dba Capitol Trailways of Penna. In recent months, Capitol's route structure has been shrinking. They no longer operate north of Binghamton to Syracuse, a segment recently taken over by New York Trailways as part of the Greyhound-Trailways pool. South of Harrisburg, Greyhound runs just 2 trips a day to Washington even though traffic could support five each way. This information came from both Bus Ride ON Line and my contact at Trailways New York. This just in: a gentleman who has been by Capitol's garage in Harrisburg recently has told me, in an e-mail, that Capitol Trailways has 15 buses, about a third of their fleet in a state of disrepair and/or out of service and that they have had to rent buses from others just to cover their schedules. It is indeed a sad state of affairs for this once mighty part of the Trailways National Bus System. 15 out of 43 buses out of service. NOt good, not good at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My source tells me that Capitol has been late on payroll recently. A lot of the staff are on pins & needles.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Update on Bieber/Capitol Trailways Transaction Reply with quote

The latest I have heard on this is that the transaction has been finally consumated. Thanks to Bieber's acquisition, Capitol Trailways seems to be out of the danger of going the way Empire Trailways, its principal WNY interchange partner did, and what a mess that was by the time Christiane Park got through with that company. You might say, Empire got FRENCH fried.
JA wrote:
My source tells me that Capitol has been late on payroll recently. A lot of the staff are on pins & needles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: