BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'WANT TO BUY A GOOD STOCK?'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: 'WANT TO BUY A GOOD STOCK?' Reply with quote

I tell ya, things is so bad now that I wrote a check this morning and my bank bounced!

They always told me that the best way to start any speech is with a joke - well, I've done that - now to business;

We talk so much about the Omnibus Corporation and how it played such a significant role in bringing motor buses to the forefront of modern rapid transit especially in New York City and Chicago that I thought you'd like to see what an actual share of that company's stock looked like.

Pictured below is just such a specimen done up in artwork that the bank note people were so well known for.

If you look closely, you can see two early double deckers of either Fifth Avenue Coach or Chicago Motor Coach wooven into the scene at the top of the certificate.

Enjoy,

Photo courtesy of the American Bank Note Company archives.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Pipe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Lansky. I think that there are still some stock holders that have them stocks.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipe,

I'll have to do a little research on that but I think 'Omnibus Corporation' as such is extinct.

Fifth Avenue Coach Company is a different story, and I believe they still exist in non transportation businesses which is why the MTA's Queen Mary (Yellow 735) had to slightly change its flag.

It may be that any Omnibus stock was converted to Fifth Avenue back in the sixties.

As I said, I'll check further.

Nice hearing from you!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: