BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van Hool goes bankrupt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:17 pm    Post subject: Van Hool goes bankrupt Reply with quote

Van Hool, who has become a major player in the US coach market, has gone bankrupt. ABC, their US partner and distributor, has tried to put a reassuring spin on it, but I have to wonder how this might impact their future here...

https://www.busandmotorcoachnews.com/van-hool-reorganization-wont-impact-2024-bus-production-says-abc-companies/
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfortunate for VH but I suppose it is not totally shocking.
VH is a smaller builder competing with the likes of global giants like Volvo, Daimler and Scania, all of which have large and successful heavy truck businesses.
In some ways, this is similar to the situation Flxible had in the 1950s and 1960s versus GM.
I have been on bus tours in EU and the VH coaches were nice, solid rides.
I wonder how MCI ultimately will stand versus Prevost...
traildriver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working my "retirement job", part time for Academy Bus, at their West Palm Beach terminal. Our entire charter fleet is currently comprised of Van Hool 45 and 35 footer's. We just got two 2024 models, but wonder what will come next. Up in Hoboken, Academy has been getting some new Mercedes Benz Tourrider's. Completely different coach from the MB badged Setra's that were previously in the Hoboken charter fleet.

https://www.mercedes-benz-bus.com/en_US/home.html
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

MOST interesting; THANK YOU for sharing this info! Wink

Years ago, I was particularly impressed by ACADEMY's big PREVOST H3-40s at Hoboken (is it already nearly 30 years since these big buses debuted?) Rolling Eyes

"NYO"

["PREVOST"]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hot Topics & Current Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: