BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does the future hold for the PABT?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

The summer of 1980 (my Dad had just passed way) found Your's Truly negotiating the insidious "mouse in the maze" plywood alleyways in the PABT, as early stages of "improvement" began (I commuted via bus and subway to downtown, with the the PATH tubes on strike that summer.

At least, I got to ride vintage suburban Fishbowls, a few 4104s, and a 4106 or two (ex-O&B/INTER-CITY), and battle-scarred 1948 ACF-built R-10 "Thinderburds" on the then rush hours-only "CC".

I hated the inconvenience, and, in reality, paid little to all the demolition/construction work going on.....it was just too painful to observe.

The "modernization" of the 8th Avenue facade was nothing short of wanton, insane vandalism (and VERY poor architectual taste!)

The rebuilding of the terminal is going to hit NJT the hardest, for sure, as they are the largest operator into "The Port".

There's going to be a LOT of headaches to endure, as the demolition of the old terminal coincides with the construction of the new, for certain (wonder how GREYHOUND and the other "long haul" carriers" will fare?

"NYO"

["52 NYC-VIA BOULEVARD EAST"]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: