BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Journal Square Transportation Center/HBLR/PSNJ/Etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am nearly hyperventilating, here!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is EXACTLY how I recall "The Square", 60-odd years ago!! Very Happy

Man, oh, man, what memories!!!!!!!! Very Happy

The INTER-CITY ACF-BRILL C-44 was on the #97 (JSQ-PATERSON); that route ran right by our old Union City apartment building! Wink

I well remember the brawny BRILLS, WHITES (two models!) and the Old Looks on this run; Mom and I would sometimes ride this long-gone line...I remember those handsome old buses well!

Mom and I often rode out to Verona on DE CAMP's old #22 (BRILLS/Old Looks) to visit relatives in West Orange.

I'll tell you this; as a young lad, Mom and I had to have ridden, at one time or another, ALL of the routes that once lined up here.........talk about a "rolling bus museum"! Very Happy

THANK YOU for rekindling so many wonderful childhood memories!!!!! Very Happy

"NYO"

*The SHBL lines southern terminal then was next to the long-gone "Uncle Milty's" amusement part at Bergen Point; I still remember the little boats of SUNRISE FERRIES" crossing over from the adjacent ferry slip to Port Richmond....ahhh, the good old days, for sure! Very Happy

Sadly, that entire business block at the right has now totally vanished..... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: