BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I regretfully have to make this announcement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: I regretfully have to make this announcement Reply with quote

7341/1631 I'm afraid has reached the end of the line. The financial burden has become to great for me unfortunately with the mounting problems and the diagnosing combined and it is still not running. After the tremondous cost of having it towed it is still not any closer to running condition.

Hey, in the begining it was a great Idea and lots of fun, but the reality of it was when I purchased it back in december (?) that was the last time it actually ran.

Tonight I will go and say goodbye and be happy I will get the scale value, remainder of the insurance, and registration. I'm sorry I couldn't put it up for sale but it has been sitting on someone's property for a month, still not running after a new set of batteries (the second pair I might add) and the mechanic really needed the room.

Ken
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gave it a good shot, Ken.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
You gave it a good shot, Ken.

I really did.
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken - you had a shot at saving some euipment. Why did you not at least try to reach out to the community here??? Mark and I have discussed the issue and we would have liked to have saved your bus... if only you could have put a for sale sign up!
C'est la vie!
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLE Rebel wrote:
Ken - you had a shot at saving some euipment. Why did you not at least try to reach out to the community here??? Mark and I have discussed the issue and we would have liked to have saved your bus... if only you could have put a for sale sign up!
C'est la vie!

I got a hold of three mechanics, each of which came out at least once, looked it over and said they'd be out on this day which never came, I called them again, told me "sorry we got all tied up" and they'd be out there in a few days, I waited for months for them to come out, they ditched me every time, left me waiting in the parking lot for 5 hours, then I decided it was time to give up!

all the while I'm paying insurance, thousands of dollars. Each time before the major problem I had a service truck come out, 3 times in total. (Very expensive!!) each time to get it started.

Also, the property at which the bus was sitting was going up for sale and the owner wanted it out asap. I had it towed again out of the property (400 dollars to the mechanics shop) It's been sitting at the mechanics for a month, after the new bats were put in (Not cheap!!) and still wouldn't crank over.

The possibilities of things going wrong were endless. I could have been on a fan trip, should the bus have broken down with you guys, it would have been, Take care Ken.. good luck.

The math goes like this...I'm thousands of dollars in the hole.

LLE.. I tried for four months to get the problem straightened out.

So there it goes..I really did try...also Pls check your IM
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand all of your pain more than you can imagine.
I respect your efforts.
The simple fact remains that a simple for sale sign is all we ask for. I'm rather sure NIMCO did not reimburse you of your purchase price... and after the all the work you put into the bus I find it extremely painful that everything needed to come to this conclusion. It's just a good thing that there are success stories out there to balance everything out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: