BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cruise Ship Companies: What Is The Future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....also, via 1010 WINS, cruise ships are poised to resume service in the Bahamas in the near future......ANCHORS AWEIGH!! Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....it will be a monumental task, indeed, when the cruise ship companies begin to bring their fleets out of mothballs, and start to prepare them for return to service, after a long hiatus.

The massive work involved of cleaning/disinfecting/repairing these huge vessels will be quite intense, to be sure, and, hopefully will be a step forward back to "normalcy", as the pandemic finally starts to ease......

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return to cruising has begun in a few places, where everything is tightly controlled...for example, the cruise will only go around one country such as Australia, and all passenger's and crew will have to have been vaccinated, as well as tested prior to boarding.

On board, at first they may require masks, limited social contact, modified cruise activities, and limited numbers on board.

They have to be extremely careful, to demonstrate to all the health regulatory agencies around the world, that cruising is indeed, safe.

If there was another outbreak on a cruise ship, it might set them back another year or more, and truly drive them into oblivion. So they will start slowly, even though there is a large demand for them to operate.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

As always, appreciate your input...thanks! Very Happy

I agree, SLOW and SURE is the SAFEST way to "jump start" the long-dormant cruise industry; it would be sheer folly to simply revert back to "full mode" operations, as they were pre-pandemic.

In this situation, most surely, SAFETY is INDEED the BYWORD.

NO chances should be taken.....slow and sure (and STRICT adherence to rules) is, by far, the ONLY way to go.......

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....today on Eyewitness News at noon (ABC-7) there was a brief report that ROYAL CARIBBEAN is soon to begin limited cruises, but out of Bermuda only.

The strictest health guidelines will be astutly followed; at least this is a faint glimmer of a return to some semblence of "normalcy".....

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......the past several days, a Japanese container ship has been stranded in the Suez Canal; no traffic can move in either direction, and the loses to the shipping companies are skyrocketing by the hour.

Even when the stranded ship is freed, it will take several days for things to return to normal......

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....FINALLY, the stranded ship in question has been freed; many companies were re-routing their ships around the tip of Africa, during the Suez Canal closure.

Just think of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lost, during the time that the Suez Canal remained closed..........

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD NEWS for a change...... Very Happy

Next month, Disney cruises will resume from Florida; I'm sure there is QUITE a bit of hectic activity going on, getting the "mothball fleet" ready to sail again.... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......with the new "Delta" variant of the Covid virus in the news every day, I am wondering how this will affect the battered cruise ship industry, which was just recently slowly preparing for a long-overdue comeback.

This does NOT bode well for the companies, their employees, and their fleets.......let's hope SOME positive news will be in the news, in the not-too-distant future......

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, too. I just got back from my first riverboat cruise on the American Empress on the Snake and Columbia River's. They only took passengers that had proof of full vaccination, and the night before embarking, we had to take a PCR test. All went well.
I haven't booked any more cruises for this year, but hope to when things stabilize.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:
I hope so, too. I just got back from my first riverboat cruise on the American Empress on the Snake and Columbia River's. They only took passengers that had proof of full vaccination, and the night before embarking, we had to take a PCR test. All went well.
I haven't booked any more cruises for this year, but hope to when things stabilize.

traildriver:

Thanks for the latest; I'm sorry you could not book any more trips for this year, but, hopefully, things will get better next year (it seemed all was going well, until a few weeks ago)

I can just imagine the staggering losses that the cruise companies have been hit with; just imagine the $$$$$$$$$ involved in just storing those monolithic ships......

"NYO"

BTW:

What is the current status regarding the UNITED STATES' restoration?

Something is telling me that, given the current state of things, this monumental (LONG overdue) project is on hold for a long, long stretch.......

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...it's not that I couldn't book any more this year...it's just that I choose not to in light of the latest surge, and the policies of our FL governor. I'll just wait until things calm down closer to normal.

As for 'Big U'...not much news here.... https://www.ssusc.org/
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

Keeping SAFE and SMART is ALWAYS the BEST way! Wink

BTW, have you ever been aboard Disney Cruises?

What ships make up their current fleet? (I've seen a few ships on TV commercials that looked QUITE impressive!) Very Happy

How are they handling the latest outbreak?

Thanks for any input, as always.....

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
traildriver:

Keeping SAFE and SMART is ALWAYS the BEST way! Wink

BTW, have you ever been aboard Disney Cruises?

What ships make up their current fleet? (I've seen a few ships on TV commercials that looked QUITE impressive!) Very Happy

How are they handling the latest outbreak?

Thanks for any input, as always.....

"NYO"

Not yet...but I want to try them at least once, as that is my ambition, to try all of them once, and then return to my favorites...
Here's where you can find all about them...
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

Appreciate the link; thanks! Wink

(you've been missed here; glad you are still amongst us!) Very Happy

Given that Disney Cruises have always been so popular, I've often wondered why (even though Orlando is "home port" ) Disney never offered any cruises out of New York.

It would seem (at least to Your's Truly) that decent business could be done, with at least some cruises departing New York.

In the meantime, sure hope you get to embark on a Disney cruise, one of thee days! Wink

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21

Jump to: