BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday, Trix!/"Noo Yawk" cameos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
First-generation #2050, Park Row & Beekman.

The discount record store seen across the street (check out the sign for records and tapes!) dates this photo as much as the bus itself does.........

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?248

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)

This picture brings back memories of my days at Pace College (now Pace University). The 38 to the north side of Bondy's records was the main entrance to the college.

Also note the Avenue B & E. Bwy fishbowl behind 2629
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
First-generation #2050, Park Row & Beekman.

The discount record store seen across the street (check out the sign for records and tapes!) dates this photo as much as the bus itself does.........

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?248

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)

This picture brings back memories of my days at Pace College (now Pace University). The 38 to the north side of Bondy's records was the main entrance to the college.

Also note the Avenue B & E. Bwy fishbowl behind 2629

Hart Bus:

Yup, the "AVE. B." Fishbowl on the far left indeed made this old photo a "Two For One" bargain! Wink

When I worked in lower Manhattan (starting in 1979) I was within a few blocks of several "Record Explosions"; I still listen to the tapes (and LP's) I bought there many moons ago.

On Saturdays, when I'd come into the city (usually to visit the Transit Museum, and do a little "riding the rails" on the side!), I also used to like to go to TOWER and COLONY.

Like the Old Looks, Fishbowls, GRUMMANS, RTS, Redbirds, "Slant 40's",and tokens, we all took record stores for granted........

"NYO"
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today (Feb. 26) would have been the birthday of the late Jackie Gleason, who died in 1987. Here, in tribute, with him and his cast inside 1950-built NYCO bus #2969 (only a year later, relettered as FIFTH AVENUE COACH LINES INC. on the sides below the passenger windows), parked outside the Park Sheraton Hotel on the 56th Street side at Seventh Avenue . . .

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"HOW SWEET IT IS!"

"AND AWWWWAYY WE GO!"

Just now imagining "the boys down at the bus depot" giving Ralph a little "bash" at the "Hong Kong Gardens" that evening (of course, Alice, Norton, and Trixie would also be on hand to wish the "BIG birthday boy" Many Happy Returns!) Very Happy

And, to REALLY put the icing on the cake (that is, if ANY cake is LEFT after Ralph has had his fill!) the boys tell Ralph that they've chartered a certain ("NYO") bus for that weekend, and they're all going out to Coney Island for the day! Very Happy

"HAPPY BOITHDAY, RALPHIE-BOY!" Wink

"NYO"

*Don't forget the birthday bash that's also in store for Ralph when his brother Raccoons have their own celebration at the Lodge, complete with pizza and Neopolitan knockwurst......(!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: