BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'AMERICAN GOES CASHLESS'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: 'AMERICAN GOES CASHLESS' Reply with quote

If you've flown lately you'll probably already know that at least on American Airlines credit cards have taken the place of cash for the little on board frills such as headsets, food and alcoholic beverages that are hawked in steerage class.

While it is of no matter to me because I bring my own lunch and mooch a couple of free sodas during my sojourns, I'm glad to finally see that cash money will no longer pass through the hands of flight attendants, but not merely to simplify in-flight transactions or to keep employees honest as has been stated.

An unintended benefit here may be a reduction in the spread of germs greater than that believed to be caused by ?stale? air in aircraft cabins.

It virtually never failed that an attendant would pick up a clean drink glass from a stack piled upside down on the food cart, fill it with the desired beverage and then hand it to you holding it from the rim that your lips would touch with fingers that had just collected filthy cash.

While credit cards aren?t very sterile either, their use in lieu of cash is a step in the right direction.

If this concerns you, do as I do and carry a supply of covered drink straws (it?s still O.K. with T.S.A.).

BTW; if you're irked by the myriad of annoying fees you now face traveling by air, get ready for the next round which will include extra charges for window seats and space in the overhead bins (which will undoubtedly be followed by lavatory use at a quarter a minute!).

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure most of the domestic carriers are cashless now. I flew Delta to and from San Antonio for the Trapeze Software Conference, and they require plastic, then flew home on Southwest from the Motor Bus Society get together last month in Los Angeles, and they too do not accept legal tender on board.

Fortunately, Amtrak still takes cash...

timecruncher
jacklance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timecruncher wrote:

Fortunately, Amtrak still takes cash...

timecruncher

Agreed, thats why i love to travel from Amtrak,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: