BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'DEATH WISH'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: 'DEATH WISH' Reply with quote

Normally, I don't watch old movies because nobody has cell phones in them and it's so old fashioned to see the actors running to phone booths! - but I do like Charles Bronson and AMC is on a 'Death Wish' marathon jag this week.

Most of the location filming of the original Death Wish (1974) took place on the streets of upper Manhattan which, you would think, would have had loads of buses in the background but only in one of the last scenes is Bronson's character seen alighting from a MABSTOA GM New Look of the two tone blue era and equipped with 'bat wing' billboards (the shot was quick enough that I couldn't catch the fleet number under the windshield).

The only other bus, which appeared as background at the very end of the film, was another GM New Look in Chicago (probably a CTA) where our hero finds himself after being politely kicked out of New York.

Highly recommended in spite of its lack of modern technology!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York
Hankg42

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were also doing a Dirty Harry marathon recently, and a Mack C-49DT had a brief cameo in "Magnum Force". I found this reference in the Internet Movie Cars Database:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_402151-Mack-C-49-DT-1957.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: