BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1972 T8H5307A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CurtM220

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: 1972 T8H5307A Reply with quote

A transit model by model number, but mine has no mid door(?). I've tried to find other pics on the internet, but when I type the model number, they ALL have a mid-door. Plus mine has the lowered section in the middle of the floor (which tells me suburban), but has no baggage doors (which would seem to say transit). Soooo, shouldn't my model number begin with an "S"??? Or is it unique in this way?

There are pics in another post, but I can add more if you need to see it.

Thanks-
-Curt
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CurtM220,

While most 5307A's were two door transits, there were single door special orders which would not have been reflected in the model number.

If your bus was a real Suburban it would have carried an 'S' in the model number and, in fact, GM did not produce a 5307 in Suburban configuration.

Are you sure the floor was lowered or was it the seat decks that were raised to accommodate special order suburban seating?

I see by your photos that your bus has standee or transom glasses which would clinch the fact that it was never built to be a true Suburban.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
CurtM220

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not positive the floor is "lowered, rather than raised". Although looking under the bus I can see the lowered center, so it doesn't *appear* as though there were platforms added for the seats. But, I would think if it were a true suburban, the seat riser would have been higher, and there would have been baggage doors.

On a side note...I would have never thought there was this wealth of information about these buses online. I was buying this bus cold, and would have been happy just to *own* the thing, but now I've buried myself in cyberland trying to learn as much about it as I can. I would have never understood how folks get the bug for these things, but now I get it...

-Curt
Waynejay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your bus is one of the rare one-door transits. These buses were simply a cross between a suburban and transit as it had features of both. My understading is that all bona fide GMC new look suburbans are 96-inches wide and have underfloor storage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: