BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!
 
 BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nova low floors
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nycbusfan




Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Posts: 258
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aindellica wrote:
To nycbusfan, sorry that some of our staff at ulmer park don't understand what we do. They look at me funny too when I take pictures and I work there! O well,it's a free country ( at least for now ). Next time tell them Andy sent you. A good spot for taking pictures is Av U & East 71 Street where the B3 lays over,nobody will bother you there. @

Thanks Andy. I rode 8031 a few weeks ago on the B6 which was the first time I've rode on something non RTS other than demos on an UP line. I then rode it up to 71st and U as it was sent back out on the 3 and photographed the bus. Both operators were more than happy to allow me to take pictures of the the bus. BTW are you an operator at UP?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pix!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aindellica



Age: 62
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics,busfan. Yes I am a bus operator for 29 years, 9 at Flatbush and 20 at Ulmer park.I no longer drive a route. I work 10pm to 6am in the garage as a shifter.I've recently been sending in parts of my huge bus picture collection to the bus talk gallery'including a few of myself taken over the years. @
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nycbusfan




Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Posts: 258
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aindellica wrote:
Nice pics,busfan. Yes I am a bus operator for 29 years, 9 at Flatbush and 20 at Ulmer park.I no longer drive a route. I work 10pm to 6am in the garage as a shifter.I've recently been sending in parts of my huge bus picture collection to the bus talk gallery'including a few of myself taken over the years. @

Thanks, I've been checking out your phtos over in the gallery over the last few weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aindellica wrote:
I've recently been sending in parts of my huge bus picture collection to the bus talk gallery'including a few of myself taken over the years. @
I just checked out your photos, Andy: nice work indeed! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aindellica



Age: 62
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Q65A. I only wish I had started taking bus pictures when I first started my job 29 years ago. When I think about all the old buses I drove out of Flatbush in the early 1980's,all those 6000's and 8000's,all the original RTS buses from 1200 on. Their all gone now and I often search the bus sites in vain trying to find them all. I lament the fact that I could have had so many rare pictures of of buses no one will ever see again,buses that were never photographed,so many wasted opportunities on countless layovers.Let me stop before all the bus fans,including me,start crying.BTW,that green lines link led me to another site where I found a picture of a Flatbush bus that almost made me fall out of my chair! It was 8041,a 1967 gm without it,s batwings,still in service on the B41.Somehow,this bus had escaped the great blitz bus rebuild and was still buzzing around in late 1989 in it,s original state,minus it,s batwings. I got to drive it on the B48 that year,right before I transferred to Ulmer Park,and it was still fast and strong,a pleasure to drive.As far as I know,no other NYCTA bus was in service as long as 8041,( 22 years) @
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, you may want to check out the following site:
http://bus.nycsubway.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also is a good photo site:
http://www.ttmg.org/photos-busb.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aindellica



Age: 62
Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Been going there for years. Need something new. @
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aindellica wrote:
Their all gone now and I often search the bus sites in vain trying to find them all. I lament the fact that I could have had so many rare pictures of of buses no one will ever see again,buses that were never photographed,so many wasted opportunities on countless layovers.
Nova RTS's are a perfect example of a bus that once was very common, but now is on the "endangered species" list. Time to get pix now before they disappear...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nycbusfan




Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Posts: 258
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aindellica wrote:
Thanks,Q65A. I only wish I had started taking bus pictures when I first started my job 29 years ago. When I think about all the old buses I drove out of Flatbush in the early 1980's,all those 6000's and 8000's,all the original RTS buses from 1200 on. Their all gone now and I often search the bus sites in vain trying to find them all. I lament the fact that I could have had so many rare pictures of of buses no one will ever see again,buses that were never photographed,so many wasted opportunities on countless layovers.Let me stop before all the bus fans,including me,start crying.BTW,that green lines link led me to another site where I found a picture of a Flatbush bus that almost made me fall out of my chair! It was 8041,a 1967 gm without it,s batwings,still in service on the B41.Somehow,this bus had escaped the great blitz bus rebuild and was still buzzing around in late 1989 in it,s original state,minus it,s batwings. I got to drive it on the B48 that year,right before I transferred to Ulmer Park,and it was still fast and strong,a pleasure to drive.As far as I know,no other NYCTA bus was in service as long as 8041,( 22 years) @

Time flies when your having fun. Before we know it the current 8041 at Ulmer Park is gonna be retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Q65A



Age: 64
Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 1745
Location: Central NJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group