BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Hess Truck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hobbyist Trips, Events, Outings, & Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: 2010 Hess Truck Reply with quote

I didn't know where to put this notice for collectors and doting grandparents, but here is a link to the truck that goes on sale Friday.

Personally I think it will be a hot seller like the space shuttle of several years ago.

http://www.hesstoytruck.com/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Hess or the manufacturer in any capacity.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Hart. I have every hess truck since about 1982 and the boxes were opened only once to see if all the lights work. But the price of this one will cause me to buy only one, while I have two of every one.

With taxes it'll be just shy of 30 bucks.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These toys might be the only 'Hess trucks' before long - I was told recently by a friend in the trucking industry that Hess is downsizing their real truck fleet and subcontracting out.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original 1933 tanker that I bought when they first came out in 82.

Actually, I bought two and gave one to my grandson when he was about five (it's gone to a better place now!).

I wonder how much my surviving model is worth now?

Not to worry - I'm not selling it!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
These toys might be the only 'Hess trucks' before long - I was told recently by a friend in the trucking industry that Hess is downsizing their real truck fleet and subcontracting out.

Eeeesh. To where? China? Sad
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
I have the original 1933 tanker that I bought when they first came out in 82.

Actually, I bought two and gave one to my grandson when he was about five (it's gone to a better place now!).

I wonder how much my surviving model is worth now?

Not to worry - I'm not selling it!

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

By no means am I an expert in this feild Mr. Linsky, however I try and attend the toy and train shows locally, and they can get picky. If it is in absolute mint/new condition in the original box and the box is in new condition i've seen them on sale for about 50 to 60 bucks, HOWEVER! this is only the asking price, and you know anything is worth only what the buyer will pay for it. If the truck does not come in the original box, the price litterally goes deep south.

The very old and original ORIGINAL trucks i've seen sell for double or triple the above price. 100-175 bucks.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlineMCI wrote:
RailBus63 wrote:

Eeeesh. To where? China? Sad

No - to for-hire trucking companies. These are the tanker trucks which carry gasoline from tank farms to local filling stations. The trucker I'm aware of is a small but well-run operation. It is also non-union, which is no doubt the attraction to Hess (I believe their company drivers are unionized).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hobbyist Trips, Events, Outings, & Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: