BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilligboi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello all I am Gillig boi. I'm glad to find other people that like buses as much as I do. lol my friends think I am a tad odd but they always come crawling to me begging for bus directions so its all good.

I also have an amusing talent. If you give me a random number I can tell you what king county metro, sound transit or community transit bus route that is Smile go ahead try me.
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Gilligboi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Lol my spellings crap Reply with quote

N4 Jamaica wrote:
Welcome!

Downtown to Seattle pacific University Razz
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing with route numbers, I particularly like the way the drivers of Route 38 in Paris have a website about how they enjoy their work. Link below:
http://bus38.online.fr/francais_ie.html
-----
When you get to that page, look for the menu on the left and select "Les 38 du Monde." They have found sixty Route 38's around the world.
Joe McMahon
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the "parle englais" version of this webiste. It is translated almost literally, so syntax and noun-verb agreement are a bit out of whack.

http://bus38.online.fr/indexenglish.html

I rode the bus with the webmaster for this site about 10 years ago while visiting Paris. He had a 'short-turn' trip at Chatelet and had a few minutes of layover. The guy is a part-time bus driver who plays the tenor saxaphone on the side (he once sent me a photo of him sitting in on a jam with Supertramp!).

When we got to Porte de Orleans, he invited me into the end-of-line transit center's dispatch office and driver lounge. Introducing me as from Louisville, Kentucky, damn near everyone grinned -- "Ahh, Kentucky Fried!"

Hey, we is what we is! One thing for certain, the job of bus operator is little different in the City of Lights than it is here. Traffic, bonehead drivers, distracted and somewhat clueless passengers, its all there!

The Renault Agorra low-floor was almost new in this photo. RATP carries on the unique Paris tradition of having portable signs hung on the front, sides and rear of their buses, although the signs are now fiberglass instead of wood.

timecruncher

Heh - yes, "Kentucky Fried" rather than Frite Poulet Kentucky." KFC is ubiquitous even in the country that makes the world's best wines and has the world's finest gourmet kitchens!
Gilligboi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our route 38 goes from Beacon hill to Mount baker TC. It is one of *those* routes where you feel like you want latex gloves and a surgical mask because of all the smelly homeless people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: